To apply to the summer school, you must
- Be enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited university in a relevant field of study
- Be available to live and work in Los Alamos, New Mexico for 10 weeks, sometime from mid-May through early September of 2019 (exact dates TBD)
Desired Disciplines for 2019
- Nuclear Physics
- Particle Methods (Interacting)
- Numerical Analysis
- Task & Data Parallelism
- Data Structures
- Experience with Containers
Students will be chosen based both on their qualifications and on the alignment of their skills and interests with the focus area of the summer school. Broadly speaking, we will attempt to create a balanced team with an even distribution of students from the disciplines of physics, applied mathematics, and computer science.
Los Alamos National Laboratory offers very competitive compensation:
- 10 week salary of $9-12K (based on education and experience)
- Paid relocation costs
Applications for 2019 Co-Design Summer School are closed.