To apply to the summer school, you must
- Be enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited university in a relevant field of study
- Able to work remotely for 10 weeks, sometime from mid-May through early September of 2021 (exact dates TBD)
Desired Qualifications for 2021 CDSS
- Expertise in machine learning (ML)
- Deep understanding of machine learning frameworks such as TensorFlow/Keras, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience with reinforcement learning
- Domain knowledge to express problems in the form of a Markov-Decision Problems (MDP)
- Focus is most likely a power grid application
(Applied) Computer Science
- Expertise in High-Performance Computing (HPC)
- Shared and distributed memory parallelism
- Task-based runtimes
- Experience with programming accelerators and co-processors
- Performance Portability
- Computer Architecture
Students will be chosen based both on their qualifications and on the alignment of their skills and interests with the focus area of the summer school. Broadly speaking, we will attempt to create a balanced team with an even distribution of students from the disciplines of physics, applied mathematics, and computer science.
Los Alamos National Laboratory offers very competitive compensation:
- 10 week salary of $9-12K (based on education and experience)
Please check back later in 2021.